kindergarten (K4 & K5)
Just 10-15 minutes of being read to per day helps your child develop the skills they need to be good readers later! Make it a point to read to or with your child each day and watch their love for books and reading grow.
- Read books that have sight words in them.
- here ,is ,a, an the, we, and ,he ,she, have, I ,see, big ,small, it, this, no, go, up, down, who, has ,do ,are, in, on, can, you ,at, like, see, not ,what ,my zero, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, red, white, blue, green, orange, purple, yellow, brown, black, pink, gray.
Make up words blending the sounds we are experts at: d,h, m, n, p, s,t a, o, i example m-a-n man
Homework the week of 4/22-4/26
Monday- Color your TruffulaTree and cut it out.
Tuesday- Addition ws
Wednesday-Write down the letters you find in your Hide and Seek bottle. What other objects can you find in it? Draw a picture of them.
Thursday-1. Decorate your recycled kike with markers. Bring it back to school 2. Remember to bring back your library book. 3. Show and Tell is something that begins with B.
Most special classes are held on Friday. These include Physical Education (PE) with Mrs. Provost, Music with Mrs. Feltner and Library with Mrs. Deavor, along with Show and Tell . We have Art on Tuesdays with Sr Leonie.
- On Friday, your child should wear the school PE uniform. This consists of the school Circle of Peace t-shirt, navy blue or gray athletic shorts and sneakers. Tee-shirt order forms are in the main office. On cold days you may wear navy blue or gray sweatpants. Some mornings may start off cool, but by the time we have PE (8:30 AM) it is warmer. On those days, have your child wear sweatpants over the shorts.
- Please make sure your child is wearing his or her complete uniform. Every family should have received a Family Handbook available on the Forms page. Please use this as a reference when you have questions about what is acceptable and what is not.
- Please make sure your child brings a water bottle to school EVERYDAY
Useful Web Sites for Children:
- starfall.com - children can have stories read to them and learn about letter shape
- akidsheart.com - all sorts of resources for kids, parents, teachers, etc
- www.abcya.com games that reinforce cross cirriculum skills
- thomasandfriends.com - great listening and memory games
- sesamestreet.org - Fantastic themed videos(short clips) and games.